Some Animate features will most likely never be supported as they have no meaningful purpose in modern UI. For the convenience of the user the majority of the unsupported features are automatically disabled from their respective menus(the grayed out bone tool in the image below). However, some features are partially supported and are enabled so before using Prysm the list below should be read carefully.
Unsupported features and feature differences
- 3D Transformations are not supported.
- Virtual Camera is not supported.
- Bone Tools are not supported.
- Fonts installed through the Windows Store are not exported.
- User-only fonts are not exported when the username is not ASCII.
- Preserving selection on export
- Sometimes we are receiving broken data from the Animate's API when some document is published. We found that when a document is exported and its main timeline(scene) is currently edited then the data we receive is always correct. That is why on export Prysm exporter navigates the document to the main timeline which leads to losing focus of the current selection. When this selection is deeply nested in the document it is very inconvenient to navigate manually back to it after export.
- That is why we added an additional option to the Prysm exporter panel that can enable two behaviors on publish:
- Do not preserve selection on export - it will work like it is now and will navigate to the top timeline(scene) when publishing the scene. There won't have any history entries inside the history panel.
- Preserve the selection on export - Will preserve the selection on publishing and won't navigate anywhere. However, a single history entry will be added to the history panel on each publish when this behavior is enabled.
- Note - if you are editing content inside a group or nested groups that are located inside the scene timeline you will be navigated back to the scene's timeline. That is happening because we have minimal control over group elements from Animate's API so we can't recognize exactly where the current selection is located in that case and we can't properly restore it after publishing.
- To enable some of the behaviors above you can use the Preserve selection on export option located in the Document tab -> Configuration.
- true(default) - Will enable preserving selection when document is exported.
- false - Will disable preserving selection when the document is exported.
This option can be set through a project file as well.
Detailed List of Supported Features
|Main feature||Feature groups||Feature||Notes||Supported|
|RadialGradientFill||Changing the focal point of a gradient is not supported. Creating an elliptical gradient is not supported.||PARTIAL|
|Show border around text||YES|
|Graphic||Graphic symbols are converted to movie clips when a document is opened.||NO|
|9-slice||Slicing images and movie clips is supported. More info here.||YES|
|MaskLayer||Check this out for details.||PARTIAL|
|Components||We support a custom components implementation.||NO|
|Video||Videos can be created through the panel. More info here.||NO|
|ShapeTween||Elements on shape tween spans are ignored.||NO|